Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pass the Manet

Hi friends! This cheesy bud is reporting to you from Washington D.C.! I love everything about this place and have become a touring maniac. My feet are sore like an eagle, but I just can't get enough... of everything! The food here has left me with one conclusion. Seattle has better :) Don't get me wrong, it's all been very good, but it does seem as though you really have to search for it. What D.C. lacks in food, it makes up for it with mind blowing historical artifacts and landmarks. As I've asked people where all the good places are to eat, I normally get a long pause and then the subject is changed to museums. A couple of people have mentioned Ben's Chili Bowl, which is where I'm hopefully going tonight... at 10:30, which is I heard the time to go. Wish me luck... please.
Historical knowledge has been feeding my intellectual hunger and every day has left me feeling so full I could patriotically puke. My favorite has been the National Gallery of Art where I went from having never actually been to a museum to seeing some of the most historical art pieces of all time. My favorite piece though I include below. It's The Archangel Gabriel by Pisan painted in the 1300's. I lack the intellectual jargon to say why it's my favorite, but it is. I turned the corner and there it was... I couldn't stop staring.

So just a glimpse into what I've seen so far. More to come from this slightly cultured bud.

1 comment: